Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pro-Bono Website for the OVFF

This summer I took on a free project for the Other Venice Film Festival. The budget for this site was ZERO. Luckily I have some great friends that helped me take the site from this old site:

To the image we have below. Feel free to check out the live site here.

Pro-bono projects are fun for me because I get to have total control. For this site I had help from a graphic designer who did the logo and a developer that helped with the backend, everything else was ALL me. I designed the site, did all the graphics, wrote all the copy, set up all the social networking and banner hosting. Since the budget was nothing I pulled in all the free resources I could find making for a very web 2.0 website. While there are still a few things I'd like to change, I think this is worlds better than what they had. This site is built on the Word Press platform so it is totally dynamic and will grow with the festival as needed.

No comments: