Thursday, September 4, 2008

Portfolio: www.KiraPlastinina.us



I promised I would post my latest project when it was complete so you all could critique it and give me some feedback.

Well... I finished www.KiraPlastinina.us last Friday. On this project I was the Interactive Producer. I was given a screen shot of the home page, a very loose scope and a due date. The front end, what the user sees, is done entirely in flash and the back end, the content management system, was done using php. This is the first dynamic flash site I have ever produced. There were some challenges and compromises that had to be made to get it done but overall I am happy with the final product. I think the music player is probably the coolest feature and it was the biggest hurdle as well in terms of licensing and programming.

I also had to produce a MySpace page that went along with this site. You can find that page here: www.myspace.com/kirausa

The MySpace page was very challenging to create because the design we came up with (and got sign off on) did not jive completely with the way the MySpace tool is set up. I was lucky enough to work with a programmer that actually works for MySpace so we were able to accomplish most of our design by using his admin access. Whew! (Although we could only optimize it for IE 7, Safari and FireFox.)

So dear readers... please take a look and if you have any questions or feedback please leave a comment or send me an email and I'd be happy to get back to you.

No comments: