Saturday, September 20, 2008

Apple's Genius is Genius

No more shuffle shame!

The first song I picked was from The Black Eyed Peas, "Pump It" and it spat out 24 additional songs that went perfectly! (I bounced around my house cooking and cleaning. I'm feeling the domestic goddess today,)

Next I picked "Do Me Good" by Amy Winehouse and Genius said that they could not build a playlist from that one and to choose update from the store menu. I did this 5 times and still it was unable to match poor Amy. I'll try it again in a few days.

Now I am listening to "Guitar Noire" by the Aqua Velvets and created a Genius playlist from that...WOW I am looking forward to the next 2 hours: The While Stripes, Elvis, Nick Cave, The Doors, The CURE! (odd but interesting), Rentals, Still Little Fingers, Violent Femmes, The Who, Patti Smith, Fleetwood, Queen, Iggy, Brian Setzer, Devo, Gen X. Johnny Thunders, Feist and finally Fishbone... I didn't even realize my music collection was so bad ass!

It very similar to Pandora.com but it's better becasue it choose from your own collection instead of some random band you have never heard of. But if you want the random band it offers it up to you on the side from the iTunes store for download.

I can only hope one day to be on a team that invents and depolys something so f'n cool.

No comments: